Salary: £21500 – £23000/annum
If you want to get job availability details for your profession and location then click below to submit details.We will Inform you job availability by email when it is available.
If you want to get job availability details for your profession and location then click below to submit details.We will Inform you job availability by email.
Job Type: Temporary
Job Location: Bradford, United Kingdom
Transport Operator jobs in Bradford, United Kingdom
We are currently looking for a Transport Operator to join a growing company on site at an established retailer.
This role is to assist with the efficient and effective operation of the Transport Office. Accurately compiling and processing vital information, issuing journey details and briefing and debriefing Drivers.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
Includes but not limited
* Providing regular updates on operational status to the Traffic Controller
* Ensuring incoming calls are answered and dealt with promptly, filtering calls to ensure that only key issues are escalated up to Shift Manager level
* Ensure all drivers receive a full brief of their working schedule prior to departing depot and an accurate and meaningful debriefing on their return
* Ensure relevant operational issues are escalated to Shift Manager
* Proactively seek to support transport team function to ensure deadlines are met
* Accurate completion of documentation to meet depot process and legislative requirements and the managing of these documents on dispatch and return
* Generating driver journey sheets from in-house computer systems and the issuing of the relevant paperwork to drivers
* Continual monitoring of all collections / delivery vehicles, liaise with Drivers and suppliers in order to provide on time deliveries and collections
* Accurate recording of data input of inbound and outbound stock
* Daily maintenance of the in house system, ensure all actual deliveries and collections have been allocated correctly and any surplus cleared from the system
* Complete all issue logs, investigate and action accordingly
* Produce Reports as an when required
* Assist the shift Manager where required in compiling reports
* Ensure work station is kept clean and tidy
* Other duties that may arise from operational requirements
Qualifications, Key skills and experience required
* Effective communication ability
* Computer literate, competent user of all Microsoft Office applications.
* Familiarity with transport management systems
* Previous experience working in a transport environment
* Working knowledge of transport/driver hours and regulations
* Quick Learner.
* Can work in fast paced environments – highly pressured.
This role is temporary to permanent for the right candidate
Hours of work will initially be a week on days 06:00 – 14:30 and then 2 weeks on the afternoon shift of 11:30 – 20:00 to understand the full operational duties of the role.
Then the hours will be Sunday to Thursday 17:30 – 02:00.
Although flexibility is required to cover shifts of 11:30 – 20:00 and eventually (once trained), the night shift with hours of 22:00 – 06:30
(This would be for holiday / sickness cover)