If you want to get job availability details for your profession and location then click below to submit details.We will Inform you job availability by email when it is available.
If you want to get job availability details for your profession and location then click below to submit details.We will Inform you job availability by email.
£9.50/hour + excellent training and benefits
EN5, Arkley, Greater London
19/03/2019 (14:29) Just Added
Senior Support Worker – Cedars House (Arkley), nr Barnet – £9.50p/h
About the Role
We are looking for a Full Time Senior Support Worker to join our Cedars House service in Arkley, nr Barnet.
We are providing individuals with practical and emotional care, enabling them to lead as ordinary life as they can achieve.
You will need to be flexible as you are required to work shifts including bank holidays, weekends and potentially sleep ins.
If your best traits are positivity, friendliness and innovation then this job is for you!
Benefits of being a CareTech Employee
- We offer Permanent contracts 37.5 hrs per week
- We provide a full induction programme to Care Certificate Standards
- We provide FREE training to achieve qualification in Social Care
- Career progression path within the company
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Flexible Additional Holiday Purchase Scheme
- We offer Apprenticeships to those with less experience looking to join the Care Sector
- Various shift patterns available to suit your lifestyle
- DBS check paid by CareTech prior to starting with us.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To supervise the day-to-day delivery of care, to ensure that service users’ needs are met and that they participate appropriately in daily household and leisure activities.
- To be responsible for the care, welfare and safety of service users and the health and safety of staff.
- To take on the role of case coordinator for individual service users and to participate in the reviewing, reassessing and changing of person centred support plans to ensure they are up-to-date and in line with the individual’s needs.
- To participate, as required, in the recruitment and selection of staff within an equal opportunities framework.
- To undertake monthly supervisions with staff as delegated and participate in the staff appraisal programme for subordinate staff.
- To act as a staff skills coach and undertake appropriate team building and training programmes, designed to meet an individual’s needs or the Company’s staff development program.
- To ensure that the requirements of legislation, Care Standards and the Company’s Policies and Procedures are followed.
- To prepare service user and staff reports and ensure that the required records are maintained and up-to-date.
The Successful Candidate for the role will have
- NVQ in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards.
- Experience in supporting adults with challenging behavior, learning disabilities and/or mental health issues.
- The ability to keep calm under pressure.
- Confidence to work alone and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The passion to work with vulnerable Adults.
- The desire and commitment to achieve high standards of safeguarding.
CareTech Community Services established in 1993 has 250 services with continuous growth with new developments/services.
CareTech Community Services is a national provider of support for people with complex and challenging behaviours associated with autism, learning disabilities, mental health illness and neurological conditions.
We support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and also in residential care. We are committed to providing the highest levels of care to our residents. To enable us to do this we need caring and dedicated professionals to deliver first class care.
All applicants will be subject to satisfactory references and all employees are checked against the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS).
Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement in accordance with the Equality Act 2010.
CareTech Community Services are proud to confirm that they are Disability Confident Leaders.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES.